What is happening to His truth?
In Tucson, we have churches that seem to be more interested in social justice, inclusiveness and diversity than equipping the saints and sending out disciples. They promote (in their own words);
* The acceptance of equal rights for LGBTQ with membership and ordination as pastors and to authorize same-sex marriages.
*Unity, Unity honors the universal truths in all religions and respects each individual’s right to choose a spiritual path.”
* “A faith community that is willing to take risks for progress on social justice. We have embraced advocacy on behalf of the Sanctuary Movement, justice and safety for immigrants, and the full inclusion of LGBTQ people in the life of the church and society. Our commitment to justice is in our DNA.”
* Progressive Christianity churches “practicing a radical inclusivity that includes all, regardless of belief or disbelief, age, race, gender, class, or sexual orientation; working for justice and peace among all people, honoring other faith traditions as a viable path to God, and a commitment to practice the teachings of Jesus as the greatest witness of our faith and affiliate of The Center for Progressive Christianity.”
*And we also have the Unitarian Universalist churches. “The Unitarian Universalist Church has been a beacon of liberal religion and a place to pursue a free and responsible search for truth and meaning. Our community is bound together by our Seven Principles which include: the dignity and worthiness of all people, equity and compassion in human relations, and respect for the interdependent web of life. We take inspiration from multiple religions as well as humanist, secular, and scientific thought. Come join us to learn more!”
And in our Christian faith we have people abandoning His truth;
* Lauren Daigle, a widely popular Christian singer, states she is no longer a Christian artist she is an artist that is a Christian. She recently stated while on the Ellen Degeneres program that she didn’t know enough about the Bible to say whether or not homosexuality was a sin (Andy Stanley is her pastor).
* Prominent Pastor Sam Allberry (also has a large following in the US) who is a pastor in Maidenhead UK and identifies himself as a gay Christian. He is an apologist and writer for Ravi Zacharias International Ministries and a consulting editor for The Gospel Coalition. He is also the founder of an organization that is fully devoted to the false teaching of so-called, “Gay Christianity.” Unfortunately, many evangelicals support Allberry and his ministry, including The Gospel Coalition and the Ethics and Religious Liberty Commission (ERLC). The most prominent supporter of Allberry’s gay ministry is Dr. Tim Keller (pastor of Redeemer Presbyterian Church in New York, is a leading voice in American Christianity).
* Christian” singer and megastar Carrie Underwood’s proclamation that she attends a gay-affirming church and supports gay marriage https://beginningandend.com/christian-star-carrie-underwood-supports-gay-marriage/).
* Contemporary Christian singer Jennifer Knapp, Who was once called “the next Amy Grant” took a more aggressive stance debating a pastor on Larry King Live to support her position that the Bible, in fact, does not call homosexuality a sin. May 12, 2011 By Beginning and End https://beginningandend.com/christian-singer-jennifer-knapp-comes-out-is-it-ok-to-be-christian-and-gay/)
And as time goes by the teachings from the pulpit become more extreme as some of our so-called mainline conservative pastors succumb to worldly and culturally sensitive topics that may encourage non-believers to come to church and keep so-called believers there. Topics such as Hell is not permanent (Pastor Rob Bell), gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender is not a sin (Pastor John Pavlovitz), Jesus had no ability to heal the sick. He couldn’t cast out devils, and He had no ability to raise the dead (Pastor Bill Johnson), Church is more important than being theologically correct and “It is next to impossible to defend the entire Bible.” (Andy Stanley), and several years ago a pastor said his fourth conversion was moving from “evangelism” as the primary focus of his ministry to that of Social Justice, world hunger, et cetera (Billy Graham); https://mikeratliff.wordpress.com/2015/11/02/because-of-your-stubbornness-and-unrepentant-heart-you-are-storing-up-wrath-for-yourself-in-the-day-of-wrath-and-revelation-of-the-righteous-judgment-of-god/).
And we can’t forget about all the mega-church pastors and the like being involved in varieties of sexual scandals; Bill Hybels (his elders even ran interference to protect him for a while – then resigned in disgrace), Andy Savage having sex with a high school student while a youth pastor and Pope Francis knew his protege, took nude selfies, abused seminarians; and still promoted him to a top Vatican post.
This is just a sample of what is being taught, displayed as role models, and the falling away from the truth that is going on in our spiritual/religious community. These actions will greatly affect many of us now and in the future as the church and it’s pastors succumb to Satan and his strategies.
From scripture, we are told that we are in a spiritual battle (Eph. 6:10-12, 2 Cor. 10:3-4) and as Christians, we need to act like it. Some of the things I have posted may offend some people but that is not my intention. I am just trying to share information with you that will help people to see what is going on and how serious these issues are that affect our faith, the salvation of many, and our DNA as Christ followers.
The sad but easy part of this article was gathering the information presented. Now comes the difficult part. Getting people to read the information, get fired up, make a recommitment to stand firm in the faith and speak up for what we believe and challenge (in a loving manner) those who are drifting away.
To answer those questions we only have to refer to scripture as Jesus has laid it all out for us and explain how to handle the situations if only we would have faith in Him.
To start off I will state a serious notice that the Apostle John gives us: 1 John 2:4 4Whoever says, “I know him,” but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in that person. We need to take this scripture seriously